How to remove Wine Stains on Carpet
New wine stains on carpet
You get home from a long day at work and unwind with a nice dinner and a glass of your favorite wine. While relaxing in your favorite comfy sofa you accidentally spill a little wine on your carpet. What do you do now with a wine stain on carpet? You can call a professional and spend possibly $100 or more just to remove a small carpet wine stain or try these simple steps and remove the carpet wine stain yourself.
Soak up as much of the carpet wine stain as you can with a clean dry cloth. This will help prevent the wine from soaking into the carpet fibers. (take care not to scrub carpet)
- In a medium bowl mix ½ cup hydrogen peroxide, ½ cup water, 1 tsp dish soap.
- Using a clean sponge or cloth towel gently blot this mixture onto the carpet wine stain (take care not to scrub carpet).
- Using a clean dry white cloth towel gently blot up the wine stain (take care not to scrub carpet).
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until stain is gone.
- When wine stain has lifted, thoroughly rinse area with warm water (take care not to scrub carpet).
- After rinsing is complete soak up any remaining moisture from the carpet with a clean dry cloth towel. (take care not to scrub carpet).
- This method works well wine stains on carpet that are new. If the stain has been on the carpet for several days or longer you may need to hire a professional cleaning company to remove the carpet wine stain for you.
There are also many products available like Spot Out Professional Strength that remove wine stains in carpet.
When ever removing a stain from your carpet take care not to scrub your carpet. Scrubbing your carpet may damage the carpet fibers and leave your carpet with a frayed worn appearance. Always blot with an up and down motion pressing into the carpet then lifting up and away from the carpet and repeating.
Always test any stain removal remedy in an inconspicuous area to ensure color fastness and that it does not damage your carpet.