How to get mascara out of carpet
How do you get mascara out of carpet? Mascara can be a common carpet stain that needs to be removed. Fortunately removal of mascara from your carpet can be a relatively simple process. Follow the directions below that show how to get mascara out of carpet.
- Act quickly. Gently blot up any liquid with a dry clean white cloth or paper towel.
- Now you will need to gently scrape any solids off of the carpet with a spoon or other similar tool.
- You will need a dry solvent like Goof-Off®. Apply a small amount to a clean white towel and gently blot the mascara stain. You will start to notice some mascara transfer to the white towel. Never apply a solvent directly to the carpet, doing so may cause irreversible damage to the carpet backing.
- Continue step 3 from above until you no longer notice the mascara transferring to the towel. You may need to use more then one clean white towel for this.
- In a medium bowl mix ¼ tsp dish soap with 1 cup warm water.
- Gently blot the soap/water solution onto the stain with a clean white towel.
- Now you will need to rinse the area with clean cool water by blotting with a clean white towel. Thorough rinsing is essential to remove any soil attracting residues left behind by the stain removal process.
We hope you found these guidelines that show how to get mascara out of carpet helpful. There are also many products available like Spot Out Professional Strength that are great at removing a variety of stains from your carpet.
When ever removing a stain from your carpet take care not to scrub your carpet. Scrubbing your carpet may damage the carpet fibers and leave your carpet with a frayed worn appearance. Always blot with an up and down motion pressing into the carpet then lifting up and away from the carpet and repeating.
Always test any stain removal remedy in an inconspicuous area to ensure color fastness and that it does not damage your carpet.