How to Remove Tea Stains from Carpet
Your at home relaxing in the evening with a nice cup of tea. Your lovable dog comes up to great you in your favorite chair and knocks your cup of tea off the coffee table and it spills all over the carpet. Fortunately removing tea stains from carpet is a relatively simple process. Following are directions showing how to remove tea stains from carpet.
- Soak up and remove as much of the tea stain from your carpet as possible. Use a clean dry white cloth to soak up the tea from your carpet. This will help prevent the tea from soaking into the carpet fibers. (take care not to scrub carpet).
- In a medium bowl mix 1cup warm water, ½ cup white vinegar.
- Using a clean sponge or cloth towel gently blot this mixture onto the tea stain (take care not to scrub carpet).
- Using a clean dry white cloth towel gently blot up the tea stain and water/vinegar solution. Soak up as much of the liquid as possible. (take care not to scrub carpet).
- Fill a medium bowl with warm water.
- Using a clean sponge or cloth towel blot the warm water onto the tea stain. Using a dry cloth towel soak up as much of the liquid as possible.
- If the tea stain is still visible mix 1 tsp dish soap and warm water in medium bowl.
- Gently blot this mixture onto the tea stain.
- Rinse the area with clean warm water to remove any soap residue.
- Soak up remaining liquid and wait about an hour for stain to dry.If the stain is still visible mix 1 Tbsp hydrogen peroxide and ½ cup cool water and blot this onto the stain.
We hope you found these guidelines showing how to remove tea stains from carpet helpful. There are also many products available like Spot Out Professional Strength that work for removing tea stains from carpet.
When ever removing a stain from your carpet take care not to scrub your carpet. Scrubbing your carpet may damage the carpet fibers and leave your carpet with a frayed worn appearance. Always blot with an up and down motion pressing into the carpet then lifting up and away from the carpet and repeating.
Always test any stain removal remedy in an inconspicuous area to ensure color fastness and that it does not damage your carpet.