How to get paint out of Carpet
Paint on carpet removal
You just finished up painting your living room. You took all the precautions and covered your carpet so you would not get a paint stain on the carpet. Then you see it, a very unsightly paint stain in the middle of your clean carpet. Below are steps describing how to get paint out of carpet.
- Gently scrape up as much paint as you can with the dull side of a butter knife. Take care not to spread the paint to the surrounding unstained carpet. Also take care not to damage the carpet.
- Soak up as much of the paint stain on the carpet as you can with a clean dry cloth. This will help prevent the paint from soaking into the carpet fibers. (take care not to scrub carpet).
- In a medium bowl mix 1tsp liquid dish soap and 1 cup warm water.
- Using a clean sponge or cloth towel gently blot this mixture onto the paint stain (take care not to scrub carpet).
- Using a clean dry white cloth towel gently blot up the stain (take care not to scrub carpet).
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until stain is gone.
- When stain has lifted thoroughly rinse area with warm water (take care not to scrub carpet).
- After rinsing is complete soak up any remaining moisture from the carpet with a clean dry cloth towel. (take care not to scrub carpet).
This method works well on new or fresh paint stains. If the stain has been on the carpet for several days or longer you may need to hire a professional cleaning company that can remove paint stains from carpet
There are also many products available like Spot Out Professional Strength that remove paint stains from carpet.
When ever removing a stain from your carpet take care not to scrub your carpet. Scrubbing your carpet may damage the carpet fibers and leave your carpet with a frayed worn appearance. Always blot with an up and down motion pressing into the carpet then lifting up and away from the carpet and repeating.
Always test any stain removal remedy in an inconspicuous area to ensure color fastness and that it does not damage your carpet.